Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Milestone: Three weeks on the trail

I'm all packed and ready to hike into New Jersey today. In fact, I'm going to do some heavy miles in an attempt to catch up with the groups ahead of me [I zeroed yesterday in DWG].

What's behind:

- States defeated: 3 [W.Va., Md., Pa.]
- Snakes spotted: 3 [2 black racers, one copperhead]
- Chipmunks spotted: infinite
- Bears: 0 [that's probably about to change]

What's ahead:

- What will happen July 4? It seems like a ton of hikers are going into the Big Apple for the fireworks and a Conor Oberst show in Battery Park. Others are going to try to watch the fireworks from the trail, where NYC is visible from a mountain.
- A bit of Jersey, a bit of NY, Conn. and Mass., and then the trail gets real.
- 9 weeks of hiking!

And I'm off. See you down the trail.

-Jeremy

3 comments:

  1. Bring me a snake and I will make a buffet of leaves to feast upon

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are moving to Reston. Right next to town center. You are so coming over more often now. Drinks and excitement within a 4 mintue walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to getting off of Rombach Ave. of NOVA! I will hopefully move into DC in the near future anyway, so we will up the frequency of ProEvo matches and beers.

    ReplyDelete