Friday, July 17, 2009

July 17: To Mass. or die

So I didn't make it out of Salisbury yesterday. However, the $30 I spent to split a room at the White Hart Inn turned out to be the smartest $30 I've spent this entire trip.

A murderous storm that dumped rain in buckets, felled trees, dropped lightning all over the place [with the loudest thunder I've heard in years] and pelted earth with hail struck the area at about 7:30 p.m. It will be interesting to hear, over the next few days, how all of the hikers stuck in the woods got through that.

I spent it on the porch of the inn along with Early Bear, Lil Dipper and Matchstick. Early Bear did some guy science and tested out the force of the hail:




Now I'm off to Massachusetts and I'll be hustling to get to Vermont, where greener pastures lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment