Thursday, July 16, 2009

Update: Thursday, July 16

So the miles in my thru-hikers' companion must be off, or else I hiked through a time warp, because otherwise I hiked 7.9 miles in like less than 3 hours. And that includes 965 feet of climb.

I left Falls Village, Conn. after 8:30 a.m. and took a 30 mins+ swim break at the Great Falls and was soon joined by the Condiments, the Pachadivas and the Georgia Girls, all of whom plus myself camped behind a cafe in Falls Village the night before.














The swim was my second in the Housatonic River, which is now my favorite river that I've encountered on the AT so far.

Now I'm in Salisbury and considering hiking the last 7 miles of Connecticut just to get it over with. It isn't much of a trail town, and not many hikers are here.

I'm enjoying looking at the beautiful New England landscapes so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment