Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 31: Food!

RPH shelter. There were signs for miles leading up to the shelter that said, "RPH trail project, July 10, 11, 12, barbecue."

It didn't disappoint.

I arrived at dinner time, mealless, and ate a big porkchop and a burger and more.

The night didn't go so well.

It was 5:30 a.m. Vrrrh. Vrrrh. Vrrrh. Vrrrh. Vrrrh. A phone vibrating. I looked down from my top bunk; it was on the other side of the room.

"What the f--k?" I heard, and then someone was climbing down from a top bunk and searching around, and the vibrating phone went silent. I thought the climber was Early Bear, but next morning it was Col. Mustard who told the story, pointing angrily at the spot where the phone person had slept.

Then I had some blueberry pancakes and hiked on in the morning, past the volunteers wrestling a massive skinned log into place on the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment