Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 44/July 23: Hiker party in Manchester, VT

We got there.

Chance and I hitched a ride from the intersection of the AT and VT Route 9 5 miles into Bennington and caught the 3:10 p.m. bus to Manchester.

It was on then.














[Rented Enterprise van full of hikers going from downtown Manchester, VT. to Rainman's house, July 23, 2009]

I saw hikers I'd never met before, but whose trail register entries I've been reading forever. Ex: "Oh, you're Holmes and Watson!" I said. And I saw hikers again that I hadn't seen in like weeks.

We had movies, a few beers and lots of food.














And Pusher and Couscous reminisced about their time on NPR. Both have gotten tired of signing autographs on the trail :)














Then Rainman, Ahab and Ahab's mom gave speeches. Then we watched Superbad. And then I crashed in the baement.

No comments:

Post a Comment