Saturday, July 4, 2009

I know Couscous!

I forgot to post about this earlier, but I just remembered: I know Couscous!

Couscous became a trail "celebrity" after she was interviewed by NPR for an on-air segment about people hiking during the recession.

The audio for the six-minute piece is here. The interview took place in Harper's Ferry. I hung out with Couscous in Delaware Water Gap. She hadn't listened to the piece yet, and she didn't even remember what she talked about. She's just that groovy.

In the segment, you'll also hear Pusher, whom I've also been running into for a couple of weeks. In fact he zeroed for at least two days here in Unionville.

Here's the text of the story.

3 comments:

  1. Jeremy!!! Erica here, EJ and I want to know if you've acquired a trail name yet?? Sounds like you are having the time of your life, we're proud of you for getting this far and best of luck in the upcoming weeks/months!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did get a trail name! I blogged it in the June posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...and thanks for your support. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete