Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why I love zero days

I picked up my first care package of my GA->ME hike, a personal favorite since 1989: Homemade no-bake cookies!

They came with instructions to share.

Besos,  a. s.  :)

And the Hiawassee Inn attendant a few minutes ago gave me a ticket to the McConnell Memorial Baptist Church 2010 Wild Game Supper, to be held tonight, down the street.

"You ever eat bear meat?" was how that convo started. 

"No, " I answered.

"You ever eat deer meat?"

"A few days ago," I said (the venison stew at Blaze of Glory was the only time I can recall).

I'm not caught by surprise by this,  because hikers last summer told me about religion and trail maj coming intertwined in the South. I'm praying for a low-key pitch, but this being a Baptist event, I'm expecting a hectoring.

The German mother-son team I mentioned a while ago beat the odds and made it here. Good for them!

Cheers,

Ink

1 comment:

  1. 6-year-old Hannah is selling Girl Scout cookies for the first time. We bought you some "Thin Mints".

    ReplyDelete