Sunday, March 14, 2010

Next up on the AT

Christian youth from a Savannah bible college are serving hamburgers for breakfast outside the Walasi-Yi.

The next stretch of trail will take me 30-some miles to Hiawassee. I'm going to go extra slow because my left Achilles is inflamed. Hopefully I'm there on Wednesday.

The cookout last night? Called the Blaze of Glory party unofficially by the staff here, it celebrates the beginning of the thru-hiking season. The food was incredible: Barbecue chicken, venison stew, jumbalaya, red velvet cake, etc. etc.

I was the 202nd thru-hiker to register at Amicalola Falls State Park visitors center. I don't know how the people who start at Springer are counted. But this week will definitely see hundreds of additional hikers start the trail.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about the Achilles. Hope it gets better soon. "Keep on keepin on"

    ReplyDelete
  2. make sure to harp on the fact you were number 202 and that its a palindrome

    ReplyDelete