Saturday, March 20, 2010

Good morning, North Carolina

[The gnarled oak at Bly Gap marks the line btw Georgia and North Carolina, March 20]

I camped out here last night. After some coffee and journaling I'm off hiking, past Standing Indian Mountain.

I'm glad I went to the Wild Game dinner at McConnell Memorial Baptist Church in Hiawassee. The locals were friendly and I got to try a frog leg. Serving suggestion: Douse in lemon juice. I had two and a half cups of sweet tea to wash down dinner.

The message was definitely Baptist but not in a tent revival way: God is "standing in the road,  waiting for you to come home."

I love slow mornings on the trail. I aim to enjoy this while I can.

1 comment:

  1. The morning sun on that gnarled oak is beautiful. I hope your day was too.

    ReplyDelete