Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Aug 11: hosteling

I'm at the tail end of a long "Family Guy" marathon here at Hikers Welcome Hostel.

We hikers are spoiled for choices here...














[The media wall, Hikers Welcome Hostel, Glencliff, NH, Aug. 11, 2009]

Today I hiked roughly 8 miles of AT. I got laundry done, finally, after a week of wearing the same socks and shirt over and over again. Another hot shower, always good. I resupplied at a mini mart in Warren, NH, which I normally don't like to do because marts are more expensive and have smaller selections than grocery stores. My bill was about $50, but that included all my food and drink for today.

At the PO I found that my phone has yet to catch up with me :( Apparently they lost the slip of paper in Hanover where I said to forward my packages to Glencliff.

A man who is working on the hostel here broke out the guitar at the fire ring this evening and we had a bit of a singalong to Black Sabbath's "War Pigs" and some Bowie.

If you haven't tried Ben and Jerry's Key Lime Pie ice cream, you must do so today.

Off to my bunk...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jeremy (aka "Jerm"), Well, after two months of following your progress and enjoying your Blog, I finally figured out how to post a comment...at least before you were totally finished :-) I have tried "several" times to no avail. So, I corraled one of our IT guys at my office just now, and he just hooked me up. Too much technolgy today for us "Old Uns"! I had better figure all of this out before I retire at end of the year and don't have my IT guys to rely on! Now I need to call your Mom and tell her how, as she has been trying as well. Can't believe you have already completed two months of "Jeremy's Incredible Journey". Certainly a once in a lifetime experience and new life-long friends made, as well. I have shared your Blog with several folks here at work, as well as Rob, Jennifer and of course Adrienne. All follow with great interest. Looks like Mom and I will be away on our New York City bike ride with several friends from Wilmington Bicycle Club, the week you are scheduled to finish your trek. We camp on Long Island and ride bikes for a few days, then move into motel in Jersey, and are doing a 75 mile loop, starting at Central Park and touring many of the Burroughs on Sunday 13th. We'll make plans to get down to Frederick to see you soon after we return.. Be safe and enjoy the rest of your advdenture. Love Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. test - Hi Jeremy - we are sill trying to figure this out. I an post from work, but mom can;t Post from home ? Back to the drawing board :-) See ya.

    ReplyDelete