Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Seize the day

Climbing Mount Katahdin on a Class I day [excellent weather, all trails open], Monday, Sept. 21, 2009...














[Starting off, 8 a.m., with 5.2 miles to the peak, Sept. 21, 2009]














[Lil' Dipper and Holmes, ascending Katahdin]














[Early Bear ascending]














[The ridge]














[Another busy day at the top]














[When I got to the top, some of the day hikers urged me on. I kissed the sign when I got to it [there's a foto of this, I hope to have it this week]] and then I settled down for this relaxed shot. The sunglasses were a hiker box find, if you were wondering :)]


















[Part of Early Bear's photo shoot]


















[Lil Dipper's turn on the sign]



















[swordmaster Ink]

More on all this later. But, yes, my WV>ME '09 hike is finished. Love ya!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!!



    and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, man! You've got another TwoNiner to keep ya company!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this photo! You have conquered Katahdin. Congrats and Happy B-day. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. From a friend of your Mom and Bob... great blog; great trip. I was gonna do it, but your brilliant writings have made it unnecessary!

    ReplyDelete