Thursday, September 3, 2009

PRW news ticker, Thursday, Sept. 3

- I'm in Rangeley, ME, 220 miles from Mount Katahdin. Projected summit date is Sept. 17. It hasn't sunk it yet that I'm in Maine, and that I got here from West Virginia by walking.

- Hikers I've met on my hike are beginning to summit. Pusher, Fly By, Snarl, Apach, Porkchop and Hardcore were the first.

- Mississippi is in Mississippi, uploading sweet photos from the trail.

- Hiking in the Middle East? Know your borders, I guess. Three American hikers have seen their Iraq hike [can some news person do a story about how that came about?] turn into an espionage case in Iran.

1 comment:

  1. Rangeley Maine, a well-used name for merchandise from LL Bean, founded and based in Freeport, Maine (Down East). I think I have a "Rangeley Mountain Fleece sweatshirt". Mom and I stopped at their original store a couple of years ago while on our vacation trip and bought some gear we did not need, but was too good to pass up. Great pics. I think there is a "package from home" arriving shortly - maybe today or tomorrow? I ate a couple samples of those great "trail cookies" that Mom makes and sends. Yum ! That is one benefit that "I" get by YOU walking the AT :-) Take care, Bob

    ReplyDelete