Sunday, September 6, 2009

PRW News Ticker: Sunday, Sept. 6

- I'm in Stratton, ME, with 200 miles to go to the big K. Stealthed last night at the road. Picked up my Patagonia thermal layer and some cookies and magazines this morning after breakfast at the Stratton Diner. Wis-pee, Blacklist and three other hikers I don't know have hiked out. I'm thinking about doing laundry and shower then hiking out 15 miles.

- Jimmy Buffett song "Cheeseburger in Paradise" in my head all day yesterday. "I like mine with lettuce and tamatah; Heinze 57 and French-fried potatahs!" Will soon eat what he sings about. At the diner.

- Had coffee break on a boulder in a branch of the Carrabassett River yesterday evening, just before hiking over the south and north peaks of Crocker Mountain.

- Chance has summitted Katahdin. Which means a few other people I've met prolly have, too.

- Heard rumour of a trail festival thingy coming up Sept. 11-13, where you work your ass off on the trail the 11th and jam band the rest of the time. Will look into it further because that sounds pretty fab.

- Hoping for a post-summit rendezvous at Bar Harbor. Will see if that gathers steam. That way it'll be my birthday somewhere fun.

- This computer sucks because I can't upload photos.

- My writing is coming to resemble trail register entries.

- Maine on the braine. Caratunk in 3 days.

- Football season: Go Bungles!

No comments:

Post a Comment