Saturday, July 3, 2010

Harper's, 6/6/10

Thru-hiker! Technically, at least. I did the 2,175 miles in under a year. Which makes it so.



















[The ATC hq, the place I started a year ago.]















[Somebody toss me the mic!]

I briefly entertained the idea of re-hiking WV->ME and clock 3,000 miles, completing a traditional thru-hike. But, it got too hot, I have too much business to attend to to be ready for grad school [less than two months away!] and I require novelty to drive me. So I'm off the trail. I am coming back to hike a section I'm keen to hike, and shortly. That would be Dalton, Mass. to at least Rutland, but perhaps to Gorham or Andover.

I'll keep you in the loop. And I'm going to add more posts about upper VA->upper PA.

Happy 4th! This time last year I was celebrating at The Mayor's House in Unionville, NJ. Remember that?

1 comment:

  1. Yeah!! You're done! Thanks for the update. Keep us posted. Love, Ma

    ReplyDelete