Thursday, June 24, 2010

Palmerton once again

I've hiked beyond Harper's Ferry, beyond the half-gallon challenge and Duncannon to Palmerton, PA, which longtime readers of this blog will know became a special place for me roughly this same time one year ago.

I'm not sure how much hiking I've got in me today as I'm feeling much under the weather, despite a zero at my girlfriend's family's house yesterday and several days off this week.

I'm still alive, still itching to keep you up to speed with my journey and still thinking of keeping hiking north. At the same time I've got a lot else going on, not least of which is preparing for grad school in the fall, at Temple University.

Nowadays I walk the Trail content knowing that I'm a thru hiker, with the whole 2,175 miles of the AT done in under a calendar year.

To be continued...

3 comments:

  1. Well done, sir!!

    I've enjoyed reading your descriptions of life on the trail.

    Feel any different now that you're experiencing it a second time?

    (actively refraining from making a "there and back again" pun)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jeremy. What a great accomplishment. I'm glad you found yourself back in Palmerton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, you guys!

    Ya, it was quite different tracing my steps. Everything was familiar. I could predict the future in some cases.

    ReplyDelete