Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The wet days before Trail Days



















[Me on an overlook somewhere last week]

Really, when I look back on last week, the 60-mile stretch of trail from Rice Field Shelter to just before Catawba was a soggy blur of hiking.

I hit Keffer Oak, a famous 300-year-old tree:
















[Keffer Oak, in a valley between Virginia fields, May 12]

I hit Dragon's Tooth, a famous rock outcropping at 691 miles from Springer:

[Dragon's Tooth, fogbank whitewall, May 13]

I did get to meet some cool new people, Inferno, Long Shanks, Shorts, Cookie and TicToc. But only Long Shanks and I planned to go to Trail Days...

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics!
    [Dragon's Tooth, fogbank whitewall, May 13]
    just became my desktop at work...

    Think you'll be done by WC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niice.

    Yes, I shall be "done" by June 10. Not sure if I'll be comfortably in MD/Pa by then or if I'll be running into Harper's at 11:59 p.m. tho...

    ReplyDelete